- The morning of surgery your pet should be dropped off between 8:00 am and 9:00 am.
- Due to our busy schedule, your pet will not be admitted if you arrive after 9:00 am. The admission process usually takes 10–15 minutes to complete. If you wish, you may collect the paperwork from our clinic before your appointment to save time. Your pet will be ready to be picked up by 4:00 pm the same evening, however, our veterinarian will call to update you after surgery. We do not board animals in our facility. Failure to pick up your pet the evening of surgery will result in an overnight hospitalization fee.
- Pets may have a normal meal the night before surgery but no food after midnight. All pets can have water up until the time of surgery.
- Due to the high volume nature of our spay/neuter program, no other services besides preventative care (vaccinations and annual diagnostic testing – such as heartworm tests or FIV/FeLV/Heartworm tests) can be provided to your pet at the time of spay or neuter surgery. If you wish to discuss specific issues or questions about your pet with the veterinarian, please schedule an office visit. We can schedule a visit the same day of surgery if you wish.
- Please note that if you are brining multiple cats for surgeries, each cat must be in their own carrier or trap.
- Community cats must be brought in traps. We reserve the right to refuse service if the animal is not secured in an appropriate trap. Traps can be rented from Jefferson Feed. *No exceptions.*
Canine Spay & Neuters
$60.00 deposit. This is the cost of the co-pay for Jefferson Parish residents under the Fix-A-Feline program. Please note that proof of residence is required to participate. Any out of parish residents will be responsible for the remainder of the surgery costs at the time of the pickup.
Feline Spay & Neuters
$15.00 deposit. This is the cost of the co-pay for Jefferson Parish residents under the Fix-A-Feline program. Please note that proof of residence is required to participate. Any out of parish residents will be responsible for the remainder of the surgery costs at the time of the pickup.
Any other surgical procedure
$50.00 deposit is required
We reserve the right to cancel any surgery appointment if this deposit is not paid at least 7 days prior to your surgery date. Please note that this deposit is not refundable if an appointment is missed without at least 24 hours advance notice. You will receive a text to pay link for your surgery deposit. If you need an additional link, or you have not received a link, please call our office (504) 571-5128.